Core Skills is advanced training consisting of 4 sequential modules that help you learn the skills needed to become an effective EFT therapist. Each session focuses on the steps and stages, from assessment, working with cycles, effectively deepening emotion to facilitating the processes of withdrawer re-engagement and pursuer softening. Therapists work together in small groups to support each other to learn and grow their skills. You will leave the training with the skills and knowledge to be a more effective EFT therapist.
Please read carefully: When registering, you are committing to the entire 4 module series. If missing a module is completely unavoidable, you will have the option to make up the session at the next Core Skills sponsored by ChicagoEFT. The initial payment of $700 includes a $250 deposit that is credited to the final session. If you are paying for the entire series when registering, there is no deposit and you’ll receive a $100 discount on the series. See the Events page for dates and registrations.
- Instruction and structured discussion about EFT
- Demonstration through video examples
- Skills practice through coached role plays
- Discussion of cases relevant to the focus of the weekend
- Beginning with the second module, case consultations using participant session videos, download this customizable recording consent: Video consent generic
Each weekend is dedicated to a specific stage of treatment, and because they are sequential, you are expected to commit to the full series of 4 modules.
- Module 1: Assessment and tracking cycles
- Module 2: De-escalation and working with primary emotion
- Module 3: Withdrawer Re-engagement
- Module 4: Pursuer Softening and Consolidation
Prerequisites and participant responsibilities:
- Completion of an ICEEFT approved Externship
- Work consistently with a minimum of 2 couples
- Attend each session in its entirety
- Complete assigned chapters in the EFT workbook, Becoming an Emotionally Focused Therapist (2022), James Furrow, Sue Johnson, et al. It will be very helpful to complete Chapter 3, Interventions, prior to the first module. If you have time, also read Chapters 1 & 2.
- Present a 10 minute video excerpt of your couple work with clear audio of both clients and therapist, accompanied by a case formulation. (check here for guidance on recording sessions).
- Obtain appropriate releases for sharing client info in the Core Skills setting
- (Highly Recommended) Receive 1 hour of individual EFT supervision between sessions or attend Office Hours.
For more info on Core Skills dates in Chicago visit the Events page. To locate Core Skills in other cities visit iceeft.com
Recent participant comments:
“Excellent balance of challenge and support.”
“Love the role plays with your interventions.”
“Very supportive. Nice specifics. Nice gentle feedback, helpful critiques. You guys are good at making this seem possible.”