Looking at ADHD Impacted Relationships Through the EFT Lens
October 8, 2021
About The Workshop
For therapists working with couples impacted by ADHD, or who are impacted by it in their own relationships, this workshop will help you gain a better understanding of the struggles that each partner experiences and develop compassion for the pain they each feel. This will help you normalize and validate secondary emotions and better know how to access primary emotions in the cycle.
This training will go over how to work towards de-escalation by externalizing the problem, inserting validating and normalizing psycho-ed information into your reflections, and accessing the vulnerable emotions often well hidden behind this diagnosis.
Note: This workshop is intended for EFT trained therapists who have already completed an Externship.
Participants will learn to:
- Become more familiar with signs and symptoms of ADHD in partners
- Understand the main possible impacts of ADHD on romantic relationships
- Help partners externalize the problem and understand the role ADHD has in their cycle
- Recognize primary emotions typical in couples impacted by ADHD
Date: Friday, October 8, 2021
Time: 9:00 am – 12:30 pm CDT
Location: Online via Zoom
Cost: $85 / $70 for ChicagoEFT members (log in for member pricing)
- Alexine Thompson-de Benoit, MSc in Psychology (Switzerland), M.S. MFT (US), EFT Trainer
- Ben Kneubühler, MAS in Psychotherapy, Certified EFT Therapist and Supervisor in Training
About the Trainers
Alexine Thompson-de Benoit is a clinical psychologist in Switzerland and a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist. She is the EFT trainer for Switzerland and has had a special interest for ADHD for a number of years, as she’s learned to recognize the signs of an ADHD impacted relationship in more and more couples. She is passionate about helping such couples develop compassion for each other and realize they are both victims of this diagnosis, by following the powerful EFT map.
Ben Kneubühler is a psychotherapist, sexologist and certified EFT therapist in Switzerland. Beside working with couples, he has been running group therapy and coaching for ADHD clients for many years. His passion is nurtured by the manifold capabilities ADHD people bring to our world with their being different.
- Registration will close Thursday, October 7th, 9:00 am CDT.
- Zoom details will be sent out to all registrants after registration closes. Please add info@chicagoEFT.com to your contacts to avoid having this email sent to your spam folder.
- 3 CEU’s at no additional cost for LMFT, LCPC and LCSW
- ChicagoEFT is licensed to offer CE’s for LMFT, LCPC and LCSW professionals in the state of Illinois. Many states have reciprocity agreements and you may be able to use CE’s offered through this training. Please check with your state professional boards.
- Discounts are available for students, active military, veterans, therapists who work with under-resourced populations, and therapists who reside in developing regions of the world (as defined by the most recent United Nations Human Development reports). Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for information on receiving 25% off the non-member price.