Addiction is the Opposite of Connection
Saturday, December 3, 2022
9:30 am – 12:00 pm CDT
About the Workshop
This workshop will provide an overview of the impact addiction has on couples work. Participants will learn about the various models of addiction and compare them to the view of addiction from an attachment perspective. Participants will learn the stages of change for the person impacted by addiction and their partner as well as other substance use-related areas to assess before utilizing EFT. Participants will learn about the nuances of providing EFT when addiction is present. This training is designed for members of the ChicagoEFT community who would like to increase their knowledge and skill in utilizing EFT when substance use is present.
- Participants will be able to understand different models of addiction and examine addiction through an attachment lens.
- Participants will be able to identify the stages of change and other substance use-related areas that are crucial to assess before utilizing EFT.
- Participants will understand how to utilize EFT when substance use is present.
About the Trainer
Dr. Don Zeidlhack is a licensed clinical psychologist with a private practice in Naperville, IL. Dr. Zeidlhack’s practice serves families, couples, individuals, and adolescents and helps clients with a broad range of presenting concerns including marital issues, parenting, depression, anxiety, and addiction. Dr. Zeidlhack is Board Certified in Couples and Family Therapy, ICEEFT-certified in Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT), and is a Certified EFT Supervisor for clinicians who want to learn EFT. In addition to his therapy practice Dr. Zeidlhack leads weekend intensive Hold Me Tight (HMT) retreats for couples.
Date: Saturday, December 3, 2022
Time: 9:30 am – 12:00 pm CST
Location: Online via Zoom
CE Credits Offered: 2 hours
- Cost: $40 / $30 for ChicagoEFT members (log in for member pricing)
- Registration will close Thursday, December 1st, 6 pm CST.
- Zoom details will be sent out to all registrants after registration closes. Please add info@chicagoEFT.com to your contacts to avoid having this email sent to your spam folder.
Bookings are closed for this event.