One Day Training
Working with Present Process in EFT
Friday, November 4, 2022
9:00 am – 3:30 pm CDT
About the Workshop
This workshop will focus on how to harness the magic of the present moment to “catch” conscious and unconscious processes as they unfold live in session. Learning these interventions enables therapists to help couples shift out of their heads and into their hearts and discover their blocks to connection. Therapists will learn to guide your clients out of content dead ends and away from focusing on their partner’s triggering behavior. As part of this training, you will discover your own blocks to taking clients deeper and ways to move past them.
Video demonstrations and experiential exercises will be used to model and practice using present process in action.
- Participants will be able to bring the ‘here and now’ experience alive in the room for clients.
- Participants will be able to help clients engage with their own felt experience rather than focusing on content or their partner’s triggering behavior.
- Participants will be able to identify their own blocks to staying present and use strategies to move past them.
About the Trainer
Helene Igwebuike, MA, MBACP is an Integrative Counsellor and ICEEFT certified Emotionally Focused Couple Therapist, Supervisor and Trainer, as well as one of the co-founders of the British EFT Centre (BEFT). Helene is passionately committed to helping couples and individuals heal and transform the relationship with self and others by relating in open-hearted meaningful ways that build trust, emotional closeness, physical intimacy, personal and relational wellbeing. Helene is of mixed African and European heritage and has a wonderfully diverse cosmopolitan practice based in London, England and also offers online therapy. Helene loves spreading her love of EFT by training therapists in the model.
Date: Friday, November 4, 2022
Time: 9:00 am – 3:30 pm CDT
Location: Online via Zoom
Audience: Any Therapist working with individuals and couples
- Cost: $150 / $135 for ChicagoEFT members (log in for member pricing)
- Registration will close Wednesday, November 2nd, 6 pm CDT.
- Zoom details will be sent out to all registrants after registration closes. Please add info@chicagoEFT.com to your contacts to avoid having this email sent to your spam folder.
- Discounts are available for students, active military, veterans, therapists who work with under-resourced populations, and therapists who reside in developing regions of the world. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for information on receiving 25% off the non-member price.
- Participants attending the seminar LIVE can earn 5.5 CE credits for attending the entire program. Partial credits will not be offered.
- Credits cannot be offered for viewing the recording of the event.
- ChicagoEFT is approved by the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs (#168.000220), and for LCSWs and LCPCs (#159.000961).
Bookings are closed for this event.