Transforming and Deepening Interventions with Shame in Attachment Work
October 12-13, 2023
About The Workshop
A powerful, engaging, and transformative view of working with shame presented by international EFT educator, speaker and experienced MFT, Jim Thomas, LMFT. Jim trains therapists worldwide on working well with Shame. Shame is a common thread between 3 related hard to treat issues of trauma, addiction, and healing childhood wounds. Join us to get up-to-date research on understanding shame, and video examples of working with shame. Jim uses his knowledge of shame and interventions with clients he works with during 2- and 3-day intensives, and people come to work with him from around the U.S. “Much of what I talk about regarding shame, I learned from my couples and families, and my own lived experience,” Jim says. The workshop includes didactic presentation, interactive small group work, video examples and brief role play practices.
- Improve ability to recognize how and when shame blocks connection
- Learn to bring to the surface and work with this often-hidden barrier to progress and engagement
- Learn to slow down negative cycles in Stage One, surface shame, and begin exploring how shame fuels the cycle (with fear)
- Recognize ways shame presents with addiction, trauma and childhood abuse
Date: Thu-Fri October 12-13, 2023, 9:00am – 4:30pm (CDT)
Location: The Palmer House, Chicago, IL
– Standard Ticket – $435
– ChicagoEFT members – $400 (log in for member pricing)
– CE credits – $30
** Register before June 30th and receive $10 off. **
About the Presenter
Jim Thomas’ understanding of shame arose both from personal experience and early in his career. Jim’s study of shame spans over three decades. He observed how shame worked as a hidden barrier to establishing therapeutic alliance and against treatment progress. Jim has trained therapists to work effectively with shame from an attachment lens. He’s facilitated workshops on working with shame for therapists across the US, as well as Turkey, Iran, South Africa, and France. Jim is an internationally renowned EFT educator and has developed 8 unique Master Classes such as Healing Childhood Wounds in couples therapy, Gaining Traction, Get to Softenings, and the Core Skills Plus approach to core skills training. Amongst his many positive reviews, Dr. Sue Johnson wrote “When Jim talks about E.F.T., I always learn something new myself,”
- Registration closes Tuesday, October 10th, 6:00pm CDT.
- Participants attending this LIVE seminar will earn 12 CE credits for attending the entire program. Partial credits will not be offered.
- ChicagoEFT is approved by the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs (#168.000220), Psychologists (#268.000137) and for LCSWs and LCPCs (#159.000961). ChicagoEFT maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- Discount offered for students, active military or veterans. The discount is also given to therapists who work with under-resourced populations in a community mental health organization or similar not-for-profit organization and either work in Illinois or within a 200 mile radius of Chicago: Send an email to email@example.com to tell us how you qualify for this discount, and we will send you a code for 25% off the non-member price. If you are a member of ChicagoEFT, your maximum discount is 25% off the non-member price.